The INSPIRE Project, Inc.
107 S West Street
Alexandria, VA 22314-2824
| | |
VIEW 2015 PHOTO ALBUM>
The INSPIRE Project teamed up with the U.S. Space & Rocket Center, Washington Space Business Roundtable and other sponsors to offer full scholarships to Space Academy in Huntsville, Alabama for DC area high school and middle school students.
Space Academy is an action packed 6-day program for students from around the world to come and participate in intensive classroom, laboratory and training time, focusing on space science and space exploration. The Space Academy experience encourages teamwork, problem solving, communication skills and self-confidence. Students take part in astronaut-style training and simulations, as well as STEM activities to ensure our next generations of space science and technology explorers!
- Tumble and spin in the Multi-Axis Trainer
- Float on air in the 5-Degrees of Freedom Chair
- Walk like Apollo astronauts in the 1/6 Gravity Chair
Experience a world without friction in the MMU Simulator – Manned Maneuvering Unit
- Challenge yourself and support your team at Area 51 Low Ropes Course
- Enjoy water activities (Summer only) Helo dunker, life rafts, Helo lifter
- Pilots/Commanders – take over the cockpit that makes this bird fly
- Mission Specialists – walk "in space" on an EVA (Extra Vehicular Activity) to repair the Hubble Space Telescope
Live and work in space operating the Station’s life support, crew/equipment support systems
- Perform scientific experiments focusing on polymers and soil samples from Earth, Mars, and the moon
- Roundtrip airfare from the DC metro area to Huntsville, Alabama
5 Nights lodging & meals
- Program materials, flight suit, T-shirt and commemorative DVD
- Transportation to/from the airport in Huntsville
CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION>
Note: Space Academy Summer 2017 application deadline May 1, 2017. Recipients of scholarship awards will be notified by May 15th.
Click here to for more information on the Space Academy for Students program>
For more information on this program, please email [email protected].