The INSPIRE Project, Inc.
107 S West Street
Alexandria, VA 22314-2824
Due to the pandemic, INSPIRE Space Camp Programs are temporarily suspended. We hope to resume in Summer 2023.
VIEW PHOTO ALBUM>
The INSPIRE Project teamed up with the U.S. Space & Rocket Center, Washington Space Business Roundtable and other sponsors to offer full scholarships to Space Academy in Huntsville, Alabama for DC area high school and middle school students.
Space Academy is an action packed 6-day program for students from around the world to come and participate in intensive classroom, laboratory and training time, focusing on space science and space exploration. The Space Academy experience encourages teamwork, problem solving, communication skills and self-confidence. Students take part in astronaut-style training and simulations, as well as STEM activities to ensure our next generations of space science and technology explorers!
- Tumble and spin in the Multi-Axis Trainer
- Float on air in the 5-Degrees of Freedom Chair
- Walk like Apollo astronauts in the 1/6 Gravity Chair
- Experience a world without friction on the Manned Maneuvering Unit (MMU) simulator
Challenge yourself and support your Team at Area 51 Low Ropes Course
- Pilots/Commanders take over the cockpit and land the Space Shuttle
- Mission Specialists walk "in space" on an EVA (Extra Vehicular Activity) to repair the Hubble Space Telescope
- Live and work in space operating the International Space Stationís life support and crew/equipment support systems
- Perform scientific experiments focusing on polymers and soil samples from Earth, Mars and the moon
- Roundtrip airfare from Washington, DC to Huntsville (INSPIRE chaperoned non-stop group flight)
5 Nights lodging & meals
at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center
- Program materials, flight suit, team patch, T-shirt and DVD
- Transportation to/from the airport in Huntsville
CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION>
Note: Space Academy application deadline April 30th. Recipients of scholarship awards will be notified by June 1st. The program is suspended for 2022.
For more information on this program, please email [email protected].
Special Thanks to All of the Program Sponsors, Donors and Volunteers!